Sunday, March 18, 2007

Week 9, Exercise 23

Well what do you know. I actually made it to the end of the Learner 2.0 program. I was a little disgruntled that it took so much time, particularly since I had to do it on my own time, but it was worth the effort.

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

A: My favorite exercises were learning how to blog, discovering Flickr and image generators, RSS feeds, the Libary Thing and podcasts. I yhink the home search tools that I explored in Exercise 11 will come in handy in the not too distant future.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

A: I found a number of things I want to go back to and spend more time with. I've mentioned these in previous blog entries. Previously, I would use the Internet chiefly to find the answer to a question. Now I will look at it more as an extension of the library; i.e., a place were I can browse and "check out" stuff that interests me.

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

A: Don't know that it was unexpected, but I certainly feel more in tune with what my kids have been using for a long time. What's amazing is that they learned it all on their own without a course like this!

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

A: Can't really think of anything, though I don't think the podcasts were necessary.

And last but not least…

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate?

A: Depends on what it was.

Thanks for the journey :-)

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Congratulations and thank you for the thoughtful comments. They will really help us in evaluating the program. -- Sue, Virtual Services Team