Saturday, March 3, 2007

Week 6, Exercise 13

I found the SJLearning del.icio.us site a bit overwhelming. Found that I understood the concept a better when I did my own search on a topic that interested me personally, which is marketing jewelry. Can certainly see the benefit of using compound tags to drill down specifically to what you want. "How to" gives you how to do everything in the universe, but "How to" + marketing + jewelry is far more productive. Clicking on tags another user assigned to the article is more likely to bring up other useful links than clicking on the other user. Found an online beading magazine that I bookmarked and I'll definitely be going back to explore more of the sites brought up by others tags for that site. Just for the heck of it, I googled the same string of words. The results were less useful overall, so I can definitely see the benefit of piggybacking on the sifting through the unnecessary or useless sites that someone else has already done. Seems only fair to share in turn.

No comments: