Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Week 8, Exercise 19

Creating a Library Thing personal catalog was drop dead easy. Here's the link to my catalog, though I have to say it looks like a generic address: http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php.

Here are my entries:
Graphic Design Solutions, Third Edition by Robin Landa (3 other members)

Creative Bead Weaving: A Contemporary Guide To Classic Off-Loom Stitches by Carol Wells (41 other members)

The Watercolor Landscape Techniques of 23 International Artists by International Artists (1 other members)

Kaffe Fassett's Kaleidoscope of Quilts (Patchwork and Quilting) by Kaffe Fassett (5 other members)

Handpaint Country: A Knitter's Journey by Cheryl Potter (29 other members)

Beading and knitting appear to be the most popular shared interests. Surprised not to see more owners of the watercolor book. Now here is what I'd really like to see. A similar service that stores books you "want" to read, but don't own. That way I can avoid checking out books until I actually have time to read them (avoiding those nasty fines for inevitably forgetting to renew something on time). I could also ditch the raggedy notebook in which I've recorded all the books I want to read "when I have time." I supposed I could create a shadow account for that purpose. Who but me would know (or care) that I don't own the books listed?

No comments: